Launching into Independence: Parenting Wisdom for Ages 18-26
Parents realize that their job isn't completed until their children are launched into independence. In our society that transition is happening later and later with many adult children living at home until their mid to late 20's.
Knowing how to parent adult children is important. You'll want to know how to relate to your adult children in a way that will help them develop the independence skills they'll need such as making wise decisions, managing their own health and finances, building significant relationships, and recognizing the benefits of a caring Christian community.
You will learn
• How to motivate the unmotivated adult child
• Ways to increase responsibility
• How to know when enough is enough
• Tools for dealing with anger in you and your child
• Strategies for treating your child like an adult when he still acts like a child
• How to evaluate which values to take a stand on
• How to create a crisis and then how to respond to it
• How to use your influence effectively in later adolescence
• Strategies to encourage an adult-adult relationship
• and much more
Parenting isn't over yet. There is still a lot of work you can do to benefit your kids. Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller, RN, BSN will show you how.
Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller, RN, BSN are the co-founders of the National Center for Biblical Parenting and Biblical Parenting University. Dr. Turansky has five adult children and Mrs. Miller has two grown sons. They understand launching first hand and have also helped many other families work through this parenting stage. You'll want to learn practical lessons from them as you move through this important part of parenting.
Authors: Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller, RN, BSN
Price: $9.99 eBook
Available: On the Draft board but not written yet